Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Smokey Tuesday Tutorial - EOTD

Hello, Kumquats!  Just a quick EOTD today...



Every time i finish packing up a large perfume order, i inevitably need a long, relaxing shower to get the work of the day rinsed off.  And, every time i get out of the shower, i have this Pavlovian need to play with makeup.
Even if i have nowhere to go, and the only person who will see it is our half-blind old Rottie, Romeo.
So, today, i decided to play around with a couple of my Inglot shadows i hadn't gotten around to yet, as well as a Smashbox shadow-pencil i'd totally forgotten i owned, which is a shame because it's really great and i must put it into my rotation more frequently.

I challenge you to go root through the recesses of your makeup-case(s)/bag(s) and see what tidbits (which you bought months ago and somehow totally forgot about) you manage to fish out - it's almost like getting new makeup!

Anyway, today was yet again another brutally hot mess here in Chicago - and so i was faced (ha ha) with the challenge of getting my FACE to stay on in the wretched 95 degree heat and withering humidity.  As usual, i put my foundation/powder on last - otherwise it would have melted off by the time i got my eyes put together.  The upstairs area where i do my makeup is woefully under air-conditioned - it's as if there is some force that prevents the air from actually reaching farther than 3 feet out from the AC unit...

But i digress.


Today, the focus was on a more "natural" skin look - because there really wasn't much choice. Really.

So, i concentrated all my efforts on a nice, smokey-grey eye with a bit of shimmery colour on the lid to add a bit of interest.

Behold, my Eyeballs!






This was a fairly easy eye-look to do - i'll list all the products used at the end of this post.  

Firstly, i start off as always with an eyeshadow base. I have/use UD Primer Potion, but i'm hearing good things about NARS primer and am going to give it a try, soon! 
Next, i take a light, all-over colour from lash-to-brow serves as the base & highlight colour.  Because lazy.
A pretty, light-cool grey by Inglot (fast becoming one of my favourite makeup companies for eyeshadows) is blended up into the crease while a darker, cool grey is smudged into the lashline and the  outer-V.  
On the lid and the inner-corners, i used a beautiful iridescent peachy-pink i picked up from RBR to break away from the monochromatic thing just a bit.
Finally, i lined the eyes with a grey shadow-pencil, both along the lashes and in the waterline. On the upper-lashline i used a glossy, deep black.  
I find it works better for me to not use black on the lower-lashline and waterline, just because i think it makes my eyes look smaller. And i find the grey still adds drama and depth without looking too harsh. 

I kept the rest of my face pretty simple (because, BALANCE):


You can already see the shininess breaking through on my nose - it is just that hot today.  I think i'd need to rub alum on my face to keep the shine at bay in this humidity...

Products used for this look:

Eyes - 
Base/highlight - the lightest shade from my trusty Chanel Prelude shadow quad
Crease - Inglot #501 - REALLY beautiful shade!
Outer-V/lashline - Inglot #444
Eyeliner, upper-lashline - UD 24/7 eyeliner in Zero
Eyeliner, lower-lashline - Smashbox Waterproof Shadowliner in Shimmering Ivy
Mascara - MAC Extreme Dimension Lash in Black

Face - 
Rouge Bunny Rouge Milk Aquarelle Foundation in Coconut Milk
Chantecaille New Stick Foundation/Concealer in Cream
Laura Mercier loose powder, Translucent
Inglot blush #37

Lips - 
MAC lipliner in Hip 'n Happy
MAC Glaze lipstick in Hue

I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial - please follow my blog on Google + & Bloglovin'!  



Ta -ra!

xox




No comments:

Post a Comment