This is a super-quick post with a sorry lack of eye close-ups - but hopefully you'll get the general idea. Tomorrow i'll be doing a more detailed FOTD using the same shadow combo, however, so stay tuned for that!
So, if you're anything at all like me, then no matter how much you may love your job, Mondays still manage to fill you with a kind of vague loathing.
I never, ever sleep well on Sunday nights.
Here is the way a Monday typically goes around here...
- After falling asleep entirely too late at some ungodly hour in the morning, wake up 10 minutes before alarm goes off in an absolute panic, convinced that said alarm wasn't set the night previous and i am 20 minutes late for work
- Realize my error, fall fitfully back to sleep for 10 more minutes
- Hit snooze alarm
- Wake up 15 minutes later than intended
- Trawl my sorry carcass out of bed, stumble to coffee machine
- Lug coffee back upstairs to bathroom
- Take shower while coffee becomes tepid and unpalatable
- Curse fate as i realize i'm about 15 minutes too late to do a proper makeup application
- Resigned to fate, go back downstairs to reheat coffee
- Back upstairs with hot coffee, slap makeup on in 5 minutes
- Realize i no longer have time to finish coffee, which is now too hot anyway
- Leave, forgetting keys, perfume, and other essentials
Sorry and predictable as this scenario is, i am nothing if not resourceful when it comes to compensating for my Monday morning shortcomings - so here i share my 5-minute routine that maximizes my limited time for making up. I decided to go with a pink look, because who doesn't need a little pink to cheer things up on a Monday?
Vacant, coffee-deprived stare
For this ultra-simple look i used only 13 products (you know you're a hopeless makeup-addict when 13 products warrants using the word "only"), including skincare:
Skincare routine -
Cleanser: currently rotating Cetaphil, La Prairie or Clarins (dry skin formulas for all)
Serum and Primer: using (and loving, and totally not going to be able to afford buying) a sample of La Prairie Extrait of Skin Caviar Firming Complex; this is a Serum/Primer combo. I'm all over that. I skip moisturizer with this too - it's not necessary in the summer as it's super humid here and my skin still gets oily this time of year
Eye cream: Natura Bisse Eye Contour
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Chanel brow pencil in Blond Clair
Inglot #393 shadow single on entire lid
NARS shadow duo in Hula Hula from lash to crease - pink on inner half and bronzy gold shade on outer half of lid
UD 24/7 eyeliner in Demolition for a quick cat-eye on upper-lashline only
Victoria's Secret Voluptuous Volume Mascara in black
Rouge Bunny Rouge Milk Aquarelle foundation in Coconut Milk Parfait
No concealer needed today - will wonders never cease? This foundation rocks.
Trish McEvoy loose powder in Translucent
Detrivore blush in Lilith
Chanel lipliner in Praline D'or
Tom Ford lipstick in Blush Nude (my current go-to when i'm in a rush - goes on opaque in one swipe, and i don't need to reapply for 5 hours!)
And that's it!
Please don't be afraid to comment, and if you like my blog, please follow meeeeee!